My advice for teens

They should stop following YouTubers blindly and cringy Tik-tok content makers.

First Instance

My cousin shares everything with me like how her day went in school, Who did she fight with as every sister does with her brother. One day she wanted to share something with me but was hesitating that I might scold her or worse tell her mother what she has done something bad, but I forced her to tell me what happened.

She said, "didi, Today we tried a cigarette for the first time, it was fun.”

I asked, “Who accompanied you?”

She said, ”My best friend.”

I took it calmly and asked her why did you try the cigarette in the first place?

Her response was, “Because of Prajakta Koli (Mostlysane), She tried cigarette when she was my age.”

I instantly told her mother and her smartphone got ceased and she was grounded for a few days.

Second Instance

In my neighborhood, a boy who studies in 9th grade is a huge fan of tik-tok stars. He watches videos on tik-tok most of the time, well you don’t expect much from a 9th-grade student except enjoying his teen hood.

One day I was walking on my terrace and I saw that boy with a kitten. I don’t know why he was with a stray kitten in the first place but I noticed a smartphone in his hand. By having these two ingredients you usually make cringy Tik-Tok videos only.

After a few minutes or so he started to slap and tossing the kitten in the air and he was doing it while laughing and making a tik-tok video.

I shouted, “Oye, leave that kitten already otherwise I am telling your mom.”

His response was,” Go and tell her I am using her phone and she allowed me to make a tik-tok video because I have completed my homework.”

I was dumbstruck at first but then again he started to slap the kitten and this time I ran down the stairs and somehow managed to free the kitten from his tik-tok content.

My humble request to parents would be please don’t let your children consume this type of toxic content from social media and don’t let them signup for tik-tok at all 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The biggest lesson of life

What did I learn too late in life

Why would you invest in your self?